Ace, Aceca & Greyhound Forum
 Early flat-screen demister vents
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

pjbowman

USA
356 Posts

Posted - 12 October 2017 :  15:32:41  Show Profile  Send pjbowman a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
10 years ago (!) I posted a thread on this forum about the demister vents on an early flat-screen Ace. I think I have finally found someone who can make them if I can get either pictures or drawings or both. These early cars had vents that were sort of a rectangular block with the vent on top. Seem most cars didn't have this option, I seem to have a 'highly' optioned car with heater, demister vents, and windscreen washer!

Anyone out there with one of these early Aces that can supply pictures or drawings?

Klassik Metall

Austria
159 Posts

Posted - 13 October 2017 :  09:32:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have some new die castings for the early heater vents. They are made in two pieces that sandwich the scuttle panel between them,a specially moulded rubber elbow then connects the lower castings to corrugated tubes going to the heater.I'm afraid I don't have the rubber parts, I was going to have them 3D printed but unfortunately it turned out to be prohibitively expensive.

Regards Luke.
Go to Top of Page

pjbowman

USA
356 Posts

Posted - 19 October 2017 :  01:41:22  Show Profile  Send pjbowman a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Luke, do you have my pictures/drawings of the original vents? Someone actually provided some drawings quite a few years ago to me, but between PC swaps and disc crashes Iím afraid they have been lost to time.
Go to Top of Page

pjbowman

USA
356 Posts

Posted - 19 October 2017 :  01:44:14  Show Profile  Send pjbowman a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Luke, could you also post or email pics of what you can supply? Thanks!

Cheers.

Edited by - pjbowman on 20 October 2017 20:27:26
Go to Top of Page

Klassik Metall

Austria
159 Posts

Posted - 20 October 2017 :  21:06:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Peter, I don't have any drawings for these parts. I restored an Ace a couple of years ago that was fitted with these vents & I thought it was a good opportunity to have some moulds taken from the original parts while they were removed from the car.

I'll email you some photos of the original setup & of the new castings.

Regards Luke.
Go to Top of Page

pjbowman

USA
356 Posts

Posted - 20 October 2017 :  22:10:49  Show Profile  Send pjbowman a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Luke!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AC Owners Club © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
The AC Owners Club is an independent organisation and is not connected or affiliated with Acedes Holdings LLC or the licensees or manufacturers of AC Motor Cars. The statements and opinions expressed here are those of the AC Owners Club Limited or its members (other than on the Forum, which non-members are also permitted to use) and are not endorsed by Acedes Holdings LLC or their licensees or manufacturers or approved by them. Contributions, opinions and comments by individuals, whether members or non-members of the ACOC are their own and are not approved or endorsed by the ACOC or other company or organisation.